Friday, June 10, 2005

Way to learn new words every day

Usually I encounter new words when I am reading online. Firefox offers a good way to look them up, just type “dict newword” in the URL location bar. It will bring me to dictionary.com and I will be able to see what the word means.

I noticed this gives an edge to my vocabulary built-up. I get a list of new words with history.

  • Open the history tab of firefox browser;
  • Set view by date and site;

I can see a list of words I searched today, yesterday or a week ago.

Remember learning by repetition? I can review them at the end of a day or a week and see how many of them I still memorize. If I forget a word, I can easily check it up by clicking the link. It is like I have word cards categorized by dates.

2 Comments:

At 8:16 PM, Blogger Dakun Lin said...

Congratulations on your brand spanking new blog! It's been long overdue. :)

By the way, you don't allow anonymous comments (i.e. from non-Blogger users)?

 
At 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I allowed it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home