Monday, June 20, 2005

Raise credit card dispute

I win a credit card dispute today. Some restaurant in San Francisco charged me twice for one meal. The second charge is small enough to make me hesitate for a while before I raised the dispute over a phone call.

When and how I should wield the dispute weapon?

  • Unauthorized use of my card. Under the law, I can not be charged for more than $50. I should call credit card company as soon as I noticed the unauthorized use.
  • Disputes about how much I owe. I must write (phone call also worked for me) to the credit card company within sixty days of the first bill with the improper charge. I must include the following information:
      • my name and account number
      • The dollar amount I dispute
      • Information as to when it was charged and the name of the merchant.
      • A statement of the reason for my dispute.
A special case is dispute about problem with the quality of goods and services.
  • I must have made a good faith effort first to resolve the issue with the merchant directly.
  • Enclose the letter which I wrote directly to the merchant.
What will happen?
The credit card company is required to investigate.
  • In many cases, the charge as well as interest associated will be canceled.
  • Until the dispute is resolved, I need not pay the disputed portion of my bill.
Indiana government provides useful information and a sample letter here.

2 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Wei said...

I abandon this blog for a while now. You can add it to your favorite page, but I am afraid I won't update it in the foreseen future.

 
At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

What is it with girls fighting?

BigMike


gross-videos.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home